I know it's been a while. Almost a month, but I'm a pretty boring person. There is really nothing that fun or interesting going on in my life. One of my good friends from the ED program, TCH, fussed at me yesterday when she visisted my apartment b/c I have not updated my blog in a while. She also showed me hers, and may I just say, Dang! She puts pictures up of her artsy projects and she makes me feel like a 5 year old doing finger paints. I knew I wasn't very good, but she is awesome! Anyway, it has me in a crafty mood, so I'm going to put up pics of things I have done in the past (some for school). You will have to forgive most of them, my camera has been broken since January when I dropped it in the snow, so most of the pics are from my phone. Now I just have to remember how. Oh, the button up top. How's that for stream of conciousness?
This was my first real attempt at being creative. I cut pictures and things from magazines and an old art textbook that my friend couldn't sell back and modge-podged them to a canvas I had painted light green. I used white, shimmery fabric paint to write my name across it. I love it. I wish the picture quality was better, but this was taken with my phone. I will try to get better ones up when I get my camera fixed.
This is my second artsy attempt. This is a teal table from wal-mart that cost $15. They had them in the dorm essentials section (that I always spend too much money in - oh and really cool - it came practically assembled you just screw the legs in by hand) last year. I bought it b/c I loved the color and I needed a table, but then when I got done w/ the above canvas, I had left over pictures. So I found a few more and did this table. Ta-da! I love it too! Oh, and all the things I have modge-podged so far have my first and middle name on them.
I did something a little different on this one, obviously. I don't like it nearly as much. It's too plain. But I love the saying.
Different again here. I put my favorite scripture on here and tried to do curly-cues, but I don't like them. I like this one better than the one above it, but still not my favorite. For you non-Mormons out there, feel free to ask about the scripture if you don't know.
This is my dresser that my aunt gave me when I got my apartment. When I got it, it needed a new coat of paint and was just plain white. I repainted and added different colors to the handles (each one is different and I'm not sure how I feel about it - it looks like one from a little kid set) and modge-podged the top. Also love this one! I had to clear it off (and the top of the table) to take the pictures.
I have another modge-podge project in mind, but I don't know what to put it on. I got a visitors guide to Columbus and cut out all the pictures in it because I love all the old houses and things here. I need another table or something I guess. Okay, that's all I'm putting on this post. Messing w/ pictures takes forever, so I will put things from school on a different post, which I may possibly do later today. Bye!






Yay! You updated!! And I for one, love all your crafty attempts. Remember- individualized expressions! Theres no right or wrong, just what you feel at the time! :)
ReplyDelete