Thursday, April 30, 2009

yay for figuring things out!

So I was completely jealous of all these cute blogs I saw and had no clue how to get a pretty background, but I asked my friend Nicole and she told me and TA-DA!!!! My page is pretty!! I'm totally excited! Plus, I got to waste a lot of time doing it! I really need to be working on my final project for my online history class, which actually probably wouldn't take me that long if I could just sit down and do it, but I'm waiting on my professor to email me back and give me some advice on what I'm trying to write about. Any other day she would have gotten back to me within an hour or two, but today I've been waiting 6. Oh yeah. I could just about be done with the dern thing by now.
I took one final today and it was super easy. It took me all of 5 minutes; it was just 25 multiple choice questions and I had studied adequately. I made a 92 (hooray for online finals that get graded quickly!), which could be better, but it's an A. I have this final project due Monday...yikes. Then Tuesday I have my other history final and my American Lit 2 final...I guess I should have been studying for those the last 6 hours. I really don't think that they will be too bad though. However, Wednesday I have my oh so fun World Lit 2 final, and it is going to be killer. We have 5 essay questions!! 5!!!! That's ridiculous!! And it's on top of character and quote identification. Now, I wouldn't be quite so up-in-arms if the man had given us an adequate study guide that had a list of things that would be on the final. But no, we have a list of questions that are all along the lines of, "What authors that we've studied this semester celebrate science? Which criticize it?" Now really, how do you expect us to write 5 essays in 3 hours without at least telling us ahead of time what we need to prepare to write about?? I mean, at least give us a least of possible essay topics. Something. Anything to help us out a little. This man is not getting a good review, I will put it like that. Yay finals! But after this summer (when I will be taking 7 hours both mini-terms) I will never have to take finals again. Or at least, I don't think we have finals for blocking and student teaching.
This past weekend, L. Tom Perry of the 12 Apostles came to Birmingham and had a fireside for the YSA!!! It was so awesome and I was so lucky to get to go!! I can't even begin to describe how awesome it was, but I got to shake his hand!!! I was ecstactic the whole way home; even getting lost didn't dampen my mood.
I should really go do laundry and try to get stuff done. Hooray for being productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment